Are you passionate about shaping the future of Dentistry? Do you want guaranteed earnings in a practice with 20 years of robust and seasoned leadership? If your answer is yes, our enhanced training practice in Carlisle, Cumbria, could be exactly what you're looking for!
We are offering a rewarding opportunity for an experienced Dentist to supervise final-year students, providing clinical training and mentorship.
Clinical Supervisor Details
- 4 days per week available, Monday to Thursday, 9am-5pm
- Mentoring students Monday to Wednesday at £400 per day
- An additional day for private work available & 50% split on any work completed!
- Small NHS contract - 1500 UDA's per year at £14.00 per UDA
- £15,000 performance related bonus!
Overview of responsibilities
- To provide clinical supervision and support to dental students in a general dental practice environment.
- To liaise with the educational staff of the Dental School at UCLAN and the BUPA clinical team about the progress and abilities of the dental students.
- To attend any training or meetings that UCLAN and/or BUPA deem appropriate for clinical supervisors.
- To assess and grade the treatment provided and professionalism of the students for the purposes of meeting their clinical requirements.
- To maintain skills, competencies and required continued professional development appropriate for general practice and the support of dental students.
- To liaise with the practice manager for the satisfactory integration of dental students into the practice.
- To provide appropriate pastoral support to the dental students whilst in the practice and report to UCLAN and BUPA any untoward issues arising from the dental students.
- Full GDC registration as a dentist or specialist
- Minimum 4 years post qualification experience as a general dentist
- To be willing to undertake a PGCert in dental education whilst in post, if you do not already have an equivalent qualification
- Previous experience in teaching or mentoring desirable
- Postgraduate certificate in teaching or mentoring advantageous, but not essential
- Invisalign/implants specialist interest desirable, but not essential
About Bupa Dental Care Carlisle
Established in 2010, the practice boasts six large, well equipped, spacious surgeries with natural light and air conditioning. Located in the heart of Carlisle, in the North West of England, the practice treats both NHS and private patients. We offer all aspects of general dentistry, social orthodontics (including Invisalign), cosmetic dentistry, endodontics, periodontics, sedation and dental implants (including All-on-4 implant-retained dentures). With many years of experience in these fields, the practice is a well-rounded, patient-focused service driven by excellence.
- 4* Google review rating and an impressive patient net promoter score of 75!
- CBCT Scanner
- An established team of nurses qualified in Radiography, Implants, Sedation, Impressions and Oral Health with over 35 years combined experience
- 5-minute walk of the railway and bus station
Our practice offers Bupa Smile Plan - a payment plan that allows patients to spread the cost of their routine preventive dentistry throughout the year. This enables our patients to budget for their dental care and encourages regular attendance helping to maintain their oral health. For you it means a more stable income from a loyal patient base with absolutely no fees or admin costs - you get paid for the work you do in line with private pricing.
Being part of Bupa also means the unique opportunity to provide dental treatment to our insurance customers, improving your revenue streams and growing any private work you wish to undertake.
Work with Bupa, Thrive at Bupa
- In-house CPD events
- Career development support
- Large clinical support network
- The latest equipment and technology
- Sponsored education and established career pathways, with clinical and non-clinical roles to further develop your career
Access to Bupa Healthcare
- Subsidised health insurance with medical history disregarded
- Preferred rates to Bupa Menopause plan
More reasons to join us, written by our associate colleagues:
- A Invisalign discount course and discount of labs bills (20 % iGO and 46% on comprehensive treatment)
- Implant discount- Straumann, Astra, Nobel Biocare and Zimmer Biomet
- 5 % discount if you choose to use Bupa Dental Care Labs
- Earn up to £3,000 per referral in our employee/associate referral scheme
Extra support where you need it
- A large support network of clinicians and Local Referral Networks including support from Area Clinical Leads and Area Managers
- Highest standards of clinical governance and expert practice support - giving you the time to concentrate on delivering excellent patient care
- Access to an in-house complaint team
- Well-managed appointment book
- Practice level marketing support
- Network of 380+ practices making it easier to relocate
Why we're different As the only corporate dental provider in the UK not backed by private equity, we’re in a unique position. We’re committed to the UK dental industry for the long-term – both private and NHS – and are ready to treat not just today’s patients, but generations to come.
Furthermore, as a limited liability company Bupa has no shareholders, so we’re able to focus 100% on delivering a great service for our customers. We are run commercially to ensure we remain competitive, but Bupa reinvests 100% of its profits to help provide better care for patients across the world.
To discuss the role and your options available for this position, contact our Clinical Resourcing Business Partner:
To find out more about working with us, find us on LinkedIn and Facebook.
Here you’ll be welcomed. We champion diversity and we understand the importance of our people representing the communities and customers we serve. You’ll find an inclusive environment where you can be yourself and where everyone is driven by the same purpose – helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives and making a better world.
Bupa Dental Care is an equal opportunities employer.