The Role – Dental Lab Technician at Adelphi Orthodontics Lab (Southgate N14 5QH - London)
We are looking for a Dental Lab Technician, who wants to be a big part of the Adelphi Orthodontics success story. Our sister Angle House Orthodontic practices rely on the support of the Adelphi Lab!
You’ll also have the chance to develop new skills. We’re big on promoting people from within, so there’ll be plenty of scope for progression if you want to broaden your horizons.
This role is full-time, 40 hours a week, Monday to Friday.
Why work with us?
- Private medical cover (after 1 year of service)
- Great working environment
- Friendly and supportive team
- Training and development opportunities
- Enhanced pension scheme (after 2 years of service)
- Social events (online at present)
- GDC fees paid and indemnity cover
- Work-life balance
- Competitive salary
- Discounted orthodontic treatment
Everyday tasks will include:
- Following written instructions from an orthodontist, giving exact details of the appliance to be made to a high-quality standard
- Design, plan and make a range of custom-made dental devices according to a prescription
- Ensuring the right materials are used to make each individual appliance
- Trimming and smoothening of the appliance
- 3D printing of models and production of retainers and aligners
- Scans import and export to ortho systems
- Maintaining full and accurate laboratory records
- Packaging and preparing appliances for delivery
We have the following equipment at hand that you will work with:
· Thermoforming Unit
· A wide variety of retainer material
· System used: Ortho Analyser
· Printer: Stratasys
· Scanners: iTero and Trios
- Attention to detail
- Practical with a high level of manual dexterity and technical skill
- Eye-hand co-ordination
- Able to concentrate on close work
- Critical and analytical thinking
- Time management skill
- Problem-solving skill
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Able to work on your own and in a team
Established in 1988, Angle House has several multi-disciplinary specialist dental practices across London. In each practice, a team of expert orthodontic professionals work together to provide excellent orthodontic care for our patients. We are passionate about what we do and want our patients to experience a courteous, caring, friendly and safe environment where patients' smiles and dental health are our priority.