Associate CDP opportunity – CUMBRIA
We are looking for an Associate Dentist to work with us at our Bupa Dental Care practice in Maryport, Cumbria.
- Excellent training opportunity – HEE NE
- Full time position - 3 days with Bupa Dental Care / 2 days Lead Trust Provider (Training element ends on 5th September 2023 with potential to become full time at Bupa Dental Care thereafter)
- Annual salary- £66,102. Bupa Dental Care salary £50,000 with annual salary of £16,102 from Lead Trust Provider
- Fully pensionable within NHS Pension Scheme
- Employed position
This rare and exciting opportunity is to work as an associate with BUPA, as well as a training opportunity, which has Educational Approval from the Postgraduate Dental Dean of Health Education England, working across north east and north Cumbria (HEE NE).
You will spend 2 days per week working in the Community Dental Service (CDS) in Cleator Moor, supported by an Educational Supervisor and the Directorate of Multi-Disciplinary Dental Education in HEE NE. This opportunity is designed to support personal development and professional career progression.
You will gain valuable skills and experience, to develop your own clinical practice and which could contribute to potential future Level 2 Accreditation by a relevant NHSE Local Dental Network panel. This post does not, in itself, lead to automatic accreditation at Level 2. You will collect evidence in a portfolio, including Supervised Learning Events and a clinical logbook, and subject to satisfactory progression you will receive a certificate of completion from Health Education England.
There are two options for the CDS element, although the posts can be adapted for the individual:
- Paediatric dentistry with inhalation sedation – You will gain knowledge and experience relevant to the delivery of paediatric dentistry in a CDS and take part in diagnostic clinics. This will include the use of Silver Diamine Fluoride (SDF), stainless steel crowns and inhalation sedation. You will complete an inhalation sedation course which meets the requirements for new starters.
- Special care dentistry with intravenous & inhalation sedation – You will gain knowledge and experience relevant to the delivery of special care dentistry in a rural locality. The post will include exposure to care of patients using behaviour management, inhalation and intravenous sedation, and general anaesthesia. You will have exposure to clinics led by a specialist in special care dentistry. You will complete an inhalation sedation course which meets the requirements for new starters. You will also have the opportunity to develop a portfolio of cases delivering intravenous sedation, which could be used towards a relevant qualification.
Established with 3 surgeries, modern working environment, fully computerised, R4 software, digital x-ray and Apex Locator. Experienced support team of fully-trained professionals
- Free car park
- Easy routes by train or bus
Please visit: https://jobs.bupadentalcare.co.uk/cumbria/ for more information on joining us and Cumbria!
Just some of the reasons to join - written by our associate colleagues:
- Practice is based on the harbour next to the lake district coast aquarium. The practice is 1 hour away from the lake district where we have the most amazing views and lovely walks for all abilities.
- A Invisalign discount course and discount of labs bills (20 % iGO and 46% on comprehensive treatment)
- Implant discount- Straumann, Astra, Nobel Biocare and Zimmer Biomet
- 5 % discount if you choose to use Bupa Dental Care Labs
- 20% discount on Bupa health insurance for you and any dependents
- Earn up to £3,000 per referral in our employee/associate referral scheme
- A large support network of clinicians and Local Referral Networks
- Support from Area Clinical Leads and Area Managers
- Highest standards of clinical governance and expert practice support - giving you the time to concentrate on patient care
- Access to an in-house complaint team
- Well-managed appointment book
- Practice level marketing support
- Access to the latest equipment and technology
- 400+ practices available that makes it easier to relocate
- In house CPD events and Local Clinical Network events
- Access to Clinical Portal for discounted courses
- Sponsored education
- Established career pathways, with clinical and non-clinical roles to further develop your career
** Additional questions for inclusion in application form, for HEE NE benchmarking **
- Describe why you want to undertake this Career Development Post, including the training element in the Community Dental Service [maximum 300 words]
- Outline any relevant experience, skills or qualifications which makes you suited for the training element of this post. It is understood that you may not have much to say in response to this question. [maximum 200 words]
- How do you intend to use the experience and skills gained in the training element in your future career? [maximum 200 words]
Terms and Conditions for Lead Employer Trust employment are as per Terms and Conditions of Service for NHS Doctors and Dentists in Training (England).
These posts have been identified by NHS England (NHSE) as a priority need in the North Cumbria area.
Why we're different
As the only corporate dental provider in the UK not backed by private equity, we’re in a unique position. We’re committed to the UK dental industry for the long-term – both private and NHS – and are ready to treat not just today’s patients, but generations to come.
Furthermore, as a limited liability company Bupa has no shareholders, so we’re able to focus 100% on delivering a great service for our customers. We are run commercially to ensure we remain competitive, but Bupa reinvests 100% of its profits to help provide better care for patients across the world.
To discuss the role and your options available for this position, contact our Clinical Resourcing Business Partner:
We update our website daily with all our opportunities across the UK and Ireland. If you want to find out a bit more about us, please visit our careers website.
Bupa Dental Care is an equal opportunities employer.