Practice Clinical Lead (PCL)
At Portman, our role is to help the clinicians who work in our practices provide the very best clinical and patient service that they can, each and every day. By providing the very best environment, resources, teams and set up, we help our clinicians be the best they can be. Together we have a collective purpose which is to care for our patients and deliver excellent clinical service.
About the Opportunity
This really is a unique opportunity to gain exposure to the commercial aspects of an ambitious and high growth business, in an environment that will provide you with the support and development you need in order to achieve your potential.
We recently introduced the Practice Clinical Lead role into a number of our Practices, as part of a pilot, to help us emulate the leadership that is lost when ex-vendors leave their Practices. We’ve seen some impressive results and so we are now recruiting for the next cohort of Practice Clinical Leads to help us achieve this same success across more of our Practices.
Our vision for each Practice is for it to be led by two critical roles;
- a high performing Practice Manager (PM) who focuses on financial, operational and people leadership
- and a Practice Clinical Lead (PCL) who focuses on the clinical leadership of the practice, how clinical factors directly impact the performance and direction of the practice and who works with the Practice Manager to drive practice performance.
The Practice Manager and Practice Clinical Lead work together as the “Practice Management Team” to lead the practice and make it as efficient and successful as possible, while being a great place for colleagues to work and clinicians to practice and deliver high levels of clinical care.
Your key, high-level responsibilities will be;
- Acting as a clinical leadership figure in the practice alongside the Practice Manager, with the ability to influence the direction of the Practice.
- Providing clinical focus and maintaining clinical standards.
- With our support, defining the Practice ambition and strategy.
- Mentoring others and give them a clinical voice.
- Acting as a cultural ambassador for the Portman Group as well as the practice.
- Providing a positive influence to all practice colleagues to support engagement.
We’d love to hear from you if you…
- Are a practising clinician with broad clinical experience across Dentistry.
- Have a keen interest in the commercial side of dentistry and want to learn more in a supportive environment.
- The thought of being in a position where you can positively influence and provide leadership excites you.
- Are a good relationship builder and collaborator, with a rational and balanced approach.
- Have the ability to navigate relationships and gain the respect of peers.
- Are credible, respected and hold yourself to high ethical standards.
What’s in it for you:
- An opportunity to gain exposure to the commercial aspects of dentistry with support and development to help you realise your potential.
- The Practice Clinical Lead will be an employed role for which you would work, on average, four hours per week. Although this could vary week to week.
- You will receive a guaranteed monthly salary for the duties carried out as Practice Clinical Lead.
- And be rewarded with a share of the Practice profit with no personal investment required.
- This role will be distinct and separate from any Associate Dentist Agreement.
If you would like to find out more about the Practice Clinical Lead opportunity please press Apply. Alternatively, please feel free to share this opportunity with friends or colleagues.