It’s an exciting time at Portman Dental Care. We are the largest privately-focused dental group in the UK, having grown to >210 practices in 14 years, and ambitious plans for continued growth. Despite this growth, our ethos remains simple and strong – we focus on treating others as we would want to be treated ourselves.
Portman differs from other dental groups in that our support is very much focused around our practices and clinicians and the consumers they serve. Local empowerment of our practices has been important in our success and will always continue to be at the heart of our business.
About the opportunity
We’re looking for a Dento-Legal Advisor on an employed basis, 30 hours per week supporting and managing activities related to clinical complaints, medico-legal advice audit findings and specific activity related to Associate contracts. The role holder will be required to work with key stakeholders across the business to assist in key areas as follows:
- To support the complaints team with clinical dento-legal expertise and liaising with clinicians as appropriate
- Working closely with the People Team act as a liaison between clinicians and other stakeholders to enable agreement when creating and varying Associate contracts and other dento-legal communications
- Working closely with the Regulatory team to provide dento-legal and ethical advice to relevant stakeholders throughout the business.
- To support the clinical team in supporting the upholding of clinical standards through audit outcomes and necessary clinical conversations
Your key, high level responsibilities will be:
- Provide clinical oversight and input for clinical complaints.
- Provide direction and support in relation to complex complaints, for example complaints with legal/regulatory/reputational impacts.
- Be part of the escalation process to provide advice in relation to complex complaints.
- Conduct, or provide clinical and dento-legal support to complaint investigations where required.
- Liaise with and provide assistance to clinicians and stakeholders in relation to complaints handling.
- Working alongside key stakeholders, provide clinical authorisation in line with pre-defined parameters, e.g., patient refunds or complaint responses.
- Acting as a central liaison point, provide clinical contractual expertise to the relevant stakeholders and the Associates themselves to reach agreement and consensus in respect of the terms of Associate contracts.
- Working alongside key stakeholders, provide clinical authorisation in line with pre-defined parameters to any changes to standard contractual terms
- Provide ongoing dento-legal and ethical advice, consultation, expertise, and support to the Contracts Co-Ordinator, People team, and other key stakeholders.
Clinical Regulatory Input
- Provide dento-legal support and advice to the people, clinical, operational and regulatory team as required.
- Support the clinical regulatory expansion of Portman’s clinical audit programme and compliance functions.
- Support the clinical team by conducting clinical audits on whistleblowing and deep dive audit flags
- Support the Regulatory Support Manager & NHS Delivery Manager with NHS clinical regulatory development and compliance.
Who we’re looking for:
You will have the following qualities and requirements:
- GDC registered Dentist
- Formal qualifications are not required but the candidate should be able to demonstrate capability relevant to the aspects stated
- Maintains a strong sense of personal ownership relevant to the role, seeks to add value to their function, and maintains a ‘make it happen’ approach
- Ability to build strong relationships with the project team members, suppliers, client representatives, and other stakeholders
- An ability to acquire an understanding of Portman’s Associate Contracts to support conversations with clinicians
- Ability to gather, analyse and evaluate facts, make appropriate judgement, and act accordingly without undue delay
- Pays attention to detail and sees thing through to completion
- Can communicate effectively orally and written and influence others including senior management
- Can demonstrate initiative and resilience
What’s in it for you?
- Opportunity to learn new skills
- Opportunity to take some time away from the clinic and diversify the working week
- Opportunity to be part of the strategic growth of the Portman business.
- Opportunity to work with some of our top clinicians across the country
- Travel with full expenses paid
- Opportunity to meet new people and make connections and new networks
- Opportunity to shape and influence future of Portman
- 25 days holiday in addition to bank holidays (pro-rated for part time hours)
- Special days e.g. your Birthday, child’s first day at School, getting married, moving house or a charity day
- 15% bonus earning potential
- Life assurance 4 x salary
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to thousands of shopping discounts
If you would like to find out more about the Clinical Dento-Legal Advisor opportunity please press apply. Alternatively, please feel free to share this opportunity with friends or colleagues