Want to make a real difference? You couldn’t be in better company.
Smile Together Dental CIC is a successful employee-owned Cornish social enterprise where we often do things differently.
This new salaried senior leadership role is no exception – an exciting opportunity to join us as a Board Director, providing four to five days per week clinical leadership (practising with us for the other day if you so wish) and helping to steer our people and our business during the next phase of our ambitious growth and development.
This is a challenging but hugely rewarding opportunity requiring excellence, experience, dedication and flexibility alongside an inherent commitment to care for our patients and our people.
Responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the development of all clinical services including Special Care, Paediatrics, General Dental Services, Orthodontics, Urgent and Emergency Care and Minor Oral Surgery through working as part of the Clinical Leadership team and as a Director of Smile Together holding a voting position on the Board
- Promoting good clinical practice through supporting and mentoring clinical colleagues and enhancing workforce development through building relationships across health and social care services throughout the South West
- Providing day-to-day and strategic leadership to our dentists and therapists, working closely with our Professional Support teams. This will include recruitment and selection, induction, performance management/appraisal, clinical governance, ongoing training, development, and support of individual all team members, enabling resilient and sustainable workforce development
Our package includes:
- The salary for this strategic senior leadership post will be commensurate with the market rate nationally, complemented by a valuable range of additional benefits that come from joining an employee-owned community interest company!
- Our standard full-time contract is 37.5 hours per week excluding breaks
- Paid indemnity and GDC registration (paid pro rata)
- 32 days paid annual leave plus bank holidays each year (pro rata if part-time)
- Access to NHS pension
- Personal relocation support and package of up to £8,000* (where appropriate)
- A dedicated training package, both clinical to maintain your CPD and wider professional development via our Smile Together Training Academy
- A friendly support network with an induction colleague assigned to assist your transition to our company
- Free uniforms/scrubs, PPE and an annual flu jab alongside a range of health and wellbeing support and resources
- 100% laboratory fees paid
- Access to reliable equipment including digital x-rays
- Workforce benefits package
- Outstanding work life balance in a beautiful part of the country
- Opportunity to become a shareholder* and have a genuine voice in our employee-owned business
- Opportunity to engage in community-based oral health improvement projects – for example, see more about our support for coastal communities and Health for Homeless Cornwall at https://smiletogether.co.uk/our-impact/community-and-social-impact/
We’re a committed and friendly team that puts our people and patients first – it’s never been a more exciting time to join us in providing a valued dental service in Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly.
How to apply:
Please see our Job Description and Role Prospectus for more details and, if you think this is the role for you, you can:
Email: Jonathan Bouwer-Davies, Dental Director on email@example.com to arrange an informal discussion or a visit to experience what our work and coastal environments have to offer. Any travel and accommodation expenses incurred will be reimbursed.
Send us your current CV with a covering letter outlining why you’d be a great appointment for us to firstname.lastname@example.org
Download and complete our application form and either email it to email@example.com or apply online here (remembering to attach your completed application form).
Application deadline – Friday 29th April 2022 (by 5pm)
Interviews – tbc