If you're after more freedom, this will be a breath of fresh air.
We’re looking for an Associate Dentist to work with us at our well-established Bupa Dental Care practice in Penzance, Cornwall.Associate Dentist vacancy details
- 2 Days per week, flexible start and finish times to suit you! Ideally Thursday and Friday.
- 2150 UDA's
- Great UDA rate £12
- Up to £4k advanced performance-related bonus on joining and a further £2k after year 2.
- A guaranteed daily rate of £500 for the first 3 months
- Great private earning potential in addition to NHS contract
- 15% discount on Bupa health insurance for you and any dependents
- Access to discounted indemnity
- Additional discount for utilising Bupa Dental Care Labs
- Highest standards of clinical governance and expert practice support - giving you the time to concentrate on patient care.
- A large support network of clinicians and regional external events
- Access to an in-house complaint team and medico legal support
- Discounted continuous professional development (CPD)
- Sponsored education
- Established career pathways
- Well-managed appointment book
- Practice level marketing support
- Access to the latest equipment and technology
- Earn up to £3,000 per referral in our employee/associate referral scheme
Bupa Dental Care Penzance is a well-established and modern 9 surgery practice, utilising SOE Software, with an OPG, digital x-rays, Rotary Endo, Intra Oral Camera, Apex Locator and Air-Conditioned surgeries. Our experienced associates are supported by a dedicated Dental Hygienist/Therapist and an excellent team of qualified experienced support staff. We are a mixed practice offering a roughly 50/50 NHS/Private split, including Den Plan and Bupa Dental Essentials.
The practice is a stone’s throw from the beach so the opportunity to grab an ice-cream at lunch time and soak up the sea air is a reality, and nothing quite beats finishing work and heading to the beach with a BBQ and a few beers to enjoy the sunset. There is always the option of jumping on the ferry and taking the short crossing to the Isles of Scilly too – If you have never been it really is a must – its almost the Caribbean (honestly!)
The residents are laid back and friendly and it’s a known fact that this is probably the warmest part of the UK. There is no place better to grow up or have that work-life balance, it’s safe, sunny, care free and has a very outdoor lifestyle with kayaking, tennis, biking, sea swimming, hiking, surfing, paddle boarding and live music gigs to name just a few.
The average 3 bed house price in Penzance is a mere £225,000. Newquay airport is only a 45-minute drive away, with flights to all UK major cities and Europe. Weekends feel like a mini holiday when you can relax on the beach and enjoy the county where everyone else comes on holiday.Your career at Bupa Dental Care
Our aim is simple: to deliver world-class patient care in dentistry. We do this by putting our patients and people at the heart of everything we do. This means we give you the clinical freedom to be your best - and a range of opportunities to continually develop your career with us.
We’ve chosen to provide services via the NHS and privately - we're the largest provider of private dentistry in the UK - giving patients real flexibility and freedom of choice.Why we're different
As the only corporate dental provider in the UK not backed by private equity, we’re in a unique position. We’re committed to the UK dental industry for the long-term – both private and NHS – and are ready to treat not just today’s patients, but generations to come.
Furthermore, as a limited liability company Bupa has no shareholders, so we’re able to focus 100% on delivering a great service for our customers. We are run commercially to ensure we remain competitive, but Bupa reinvests 100% of its profits to help provide better care for patients across the world.
If you've got the belief, the drive and the talent to help us in our ambition then we want to hear from you.
To discuss the role and your options available for this position, contact our Clinical Resourcing Business Partner:
Mobile: 07936 360214
We update our website daily with all our opportunities across the UK and Ireland. If you want to find out a bit more about us, please visit our careers website.
If you think you'd be perfect for this role, we'd love to hear from you
Why join Bupa Dental Care?
Join a growing business that puts patients first
We've chosen to provide services via the NHS and privately, giving patients real flexibility and freedom of choice. It's also good for our business, giving us a mix of stability via the NHS and the scope to grow our business across the private side of things.