- Practice Type
- Mixed (NHS/Private)
Job Title: Dental Practice Manager
Responsible to: Principal Dentist
We are looking for a technology-minded, dental practice manager to work with clinical and non-clinical staff to manage operations and ensure service delivery in practice, to achieve excellent customer service, quality, cost, and delivery performance in line with company strategy, goals, and values. Additionally, the role will be required to manage business-change projects to improve systems and operational efficiency within the business. The successful candidate will work closely with the organisation to deliver quality dental care and service to patients in line with CQC, GDC guidelines, Health & Safety, Employment, and any other legislation.
MANAGERIAL AND FINANCIAL
- Action monthly/weekly business reports as necessary
- Manage practice booking, recall/referral systems, correspondence, and administration. Oversee reception protocols and customer service.
- Stock management, oversight of equipment maintenance and replacement.
- Oversight of transmission to DPB (or equivalent)
- Manage business-change project to upgrade practice IT infrastructure.
- Website content co-ordination.
- Effective day-to-day IT system management including daily back ups
- Effective communication with all key business relationships
- Compliance with Cash handling and Banking duties
- Ensure staff and dentists operate within all company policy and procedures
- Responsible for oversight of all internal and external audits. Conduct audits as per policy.
- Have systems in place to delegate practice management roles during holiday leave and sickness absence to ensure daily running of the practice
- UDA/SLA monitoring and KPI management/reporting using data extracted from SoE Exact.
- Analyse and monitor practice costs.
- Fulfil role of CQC registered manager and ensure CQC compliance and participate in organisational procedures and meetings
- Maintain practice accreditations i.e., BDA Good Practice
- Organise and run practice meetings as needed, ensure practice adherence to policies and health and safety protocols.
- Ability to undertake nursing/reception duties as and when required.
- Actively manage complaints, obtain & review patient feedback via patient surveys
HUMAN RESOURCES/TEAM MANAGEMENT
- Manage hiring process if needed - advertise vacancies, interview candidates, obtain references, issue contracts and new-joiner induction.
- To ensure all reception and nursing staff carry out their duties in line with organisational policies, procedures, and job descriptions
- Oversee staff CPD & training (Nurse & Reception)
- Staff performance management (Nurse & Reception). Conduct appraisals.
- Managing absence & sickness of staff and action accordingly
- Manage employee relations & conflict/grievances resolution and disciplinary issues
- Maintain personnel files including CRBs co-ordination
MANAGEMENT OF BUSINESS CHANGE
- Efficiently manage projects as required to deliver new systems and procedures to time and within agreed budgets
- Ensure the team is trained and fully informed about planned changes to systems and procedures
- Identify and recommend areas for improvement and communicate to the Organisational Executive team with supporting and background information and benefits
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Proven experience of people management and/or working within a dental practice
- Track record of successful operational and business improvement
- Experience of working in a business oriented, commercial and customer focused environment.
- Track record of budget development, business management, cost control and change management.
The ideal candidate will have a strong sense of personal accountability, be technologically astute, constantly look to improve the operational efficiency and customer service levels of the practice, and the ability to coordinate and work well in a team setting.
The role may from time to time require the candidate to be flexible and fulfil duties outside of this job description, as they arise.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
All Practice Members are required to acquaint themselves with health, safety and fire regulations and the accident notification system, whilst taking all possible steps to safeguard the health, and welfare of staff, patients, and colleagues during working hours, in accordance with the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974.
All Practice Members should be aware of the need to preserve strict confidentiality in dealing with patients and should not disclose information obtained in confidence except to authorized persons or organisation as instructed.
EQUALITY & DIVERSITY
It is the responsibility of all employees to support the PCT’s vision of promoting a positive
approach to diversity and equality of opportunity to eliminate discrimination and disadvantage in service delivery and employment, and to manage, support or comply through the implementation of the Equal Opportunities Policy.
DATA PROTECTION ACT 1998
Under provision of the Act, it is the responsibility of each member of staff to ensure that all data, whether computerised or manual, is kept secure at all times. This includes data relating to patients and other members of staff. Data must not be disclosed to any unauthorised person and must be regarded as strictly confidential at all times. Failure to adhere to this instruction will be regarded as serious misconduct and could lead to dismissal.
REHABILITATION OF OFFENDERS ACT 1974
This post is subject to an exception order under the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Of-fenders Act 1974. This stipulates that all previous convictions, including those that are ‘spent’ must be declared. Previous convictions will not necessarily preclude an individual from employment within the PCT but must be declared in writing at the appropriate stage during the recruitment process.
The Practice has a no smoking policy on the practice premises.
Practice Manager Candidate Specification
- At least 3 A-Levels at grade C or above (or equivalent)
- Registration with the General Dental Council
- National Certificate in Dental Nursing or NVQ Level 3 Oral Health Care
- 5 years’ experience working in a dental environment at a supervisory or management level
- Computer literate with core office applications
- Excellent knowledge SOE Exact platform
- Experience of using software/technology of improving operational efficiency.
- Willing to become CQC Registered manager within 6 months
- Experience of HTM01-05 working procedures
- Working in a patient focused, commercial and business environment
- Previous reception experience
- Able to use technology to enhance processes and operational efficiency
- Good interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritise tasks
- Good time management skills
- Ability to lead and coordinate a team
Interested candidates should apply through the job advert hosting platform where they see the vacancy advertised, or email email@example.com
Apply for Practice Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly