- Practice Type
- Mixed (NHS/Private)
An exciting opportunity has become available to join our long established and growing practice located in the heart of the picturesque town of Warwick on a full-time basis (part-time may also be considered). The role.
The new position is available immediately and has become available due to the introduction of an additional Surgery as part of a wider programme of modernisation, which is now nearing completion requiring additional administrative support.
We aim to create an excellent patient experience in a comfortable environment facilitated by a skilled and empathetic team. The role of a Receptionist is critical in achieving this and our expectation is for any new Staff members to uphold the principles of the Practice.
Our staff benefit from an in house Employee Assurance Programme and support will be provided by the existing team members to help them acclimatise to the Practice.
The ideal candidate will be adaptable, willing to learn, well-organised, and enjoy teamwork and personal development. Some computer literacy is required to perform the role effectively and experience with Dental Practice Software (SoE) is preferable but not essential.
If you are a driven and energetic individual looking to join a supportive and well-motivated team with opportunities for growth, this is the role for you!
Purpose of the job
Carry out reception and related administrative duties to ensure the smooth running of the practice
Practice Principal and Manager
- Perform a high quality reception and administration service to ensure patient satisfaction
- Contribution fully to practice efficiency, effectiveness and profitability in line with the GDC guidelines and practice policies
- Establish and maintain productive working relationships with all members of the dental team
- Liaise with the practice manager on all matters concerning administration, pay and service conditions
- Take reasonable care for your own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by your acts or omissions at work
- Answer the telephone and deal with patient enquiries in a positive, efficient and friendly manner
- Receive and deal with patients and visitors in a pleasant and prompt manner
- Keep patients informed of any delays
- Notify dentists/hygienists of patients’ arrivals
- Schedule patient appointments in accordance with the practice policies
- Run reminder service for patients as required
- Prepare day sheets for each dentist, hygienist/therapist
- Collect and record patient payments and pursue any debts
- Follow computer procedures to ensure that patient records are properly maintained
- Carry out routine house-keeping procedures on the computer
- Liaise with dental laboratories, suppliers and other organisations as required, keeping records of laboratory work in and out
- Deal in an appropriate and prompt manner with patient feedback and inform the practice manager about patient comments and complaints
- Co-ordinate the collection of patient reviews to aid in the growth of the Practice.
- Manage the sales of dental sundries to patients and ensure patients are provided with the opportunity to buy sundries when they leave the practice
- Keep the office, patient’s toilet and reception area tidy and welcoming
- Identify his/her own training and development needs and undertake appropriate training as agreed with the practice manager during appraisal
- Assist throughout the practice and perform such other tasks as reasonably requested by the practice manager
- Attend all practice meetings as requested
We are fully compliant with all current COVID-19 guidelines and have robust cross infection protocols
- Personal protective equipment provided
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitisation, disinfection or cleaning procedures in place
Apply for Dental Receptionist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly