- Practice Type
We are looking for a full time practice manager to manager our two sites:
- Oaktree Dental Practice - Mortimer RG7 3SY
- Oaktree Dental Practice - Newbury RG14 5JB
We would like the candidate to spend roughly equal time at both sites. Which days at which practice is flexible and can be altered week to week depending on workload and requirements.
There will often be commuting between the two sites and therefore a driving licence and available car for transport will be required.
- Take responsibility for the management of the practice in the key areas of finance, personnel, health and safety, stock control and clinical governance (CQC compliance etc)
- Follow practice policies and procedures and to monitor the staff and help them to follow policies and procedures
- Promote, establish and maintain productive working relationships with all members of the dental team
- Liaise with the principal on all matters concerning finance, administration, pay and service conditions
- Supervise all staff in the practice to include the following:-
- Uniforms and appearance
- Sickness and other leave (inc holidays)
- Customer service
- Calculate the monthly hours for all team members to allow the principal to pay staff accordingly.
- Liaise with businesses, tradesmen and service providers
- Take reasonable care for your own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by your acts or omissions at work
Key management tasks
- Work with the principal to ensure the efficient and effective management of the practice
- Ensure adherence and monitor performance against the business plan
- Maintain financial information and provide suitable audit and financial reporting systems – to some extent.
- Develop budgets, and control capital purchases and the inventory
- Ensure all monies are banked appropriately and ensure effective credit control methods are in place including payments of invoices and collection of outstanding debts
- Manage the practice premises, insurances and its security
- Log of who has access/keys etc, check insurance renewal dates and liase with principal for renewal.
- Manage CODE compliance system:
- Develop and keep up-to-date all practice policies and procedures, train practice staff in their use and ensure that the relevant procedures are followed at all times
- Manage implementation of the practice clinical governance system
- Ensure maintenance and back-up of the practice computer system
- Delegate team member and complete regular checks on them
- Develop and implement the practice marketing plan
- Including updating facebook page
- asking for reviews and referrals and encouraging team members to do like-wise
- choose best practice case to go on practice website + facebook page each month
- organise practice offers and open evenings e.g. whitening offers, Invisalign open evening
- Control inventory and stock ordering system
- Liaise with reps and negotiate best prices for dental materials and equipment
- This will involve regular checking and comparing prices of commonly ordered stock.
Health and Safety, equipment maintenance
- Perform the duties of a Health and Safety Manager and ensure that all staff are aware of and adhere to appropriate health and safety policies and procedures
- Ensure that all practice equipment is maintained and serviced in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions and practice policies
- Autoclave servicing
- Pressure vessel testing
- Compressor servicing
- X-ray tesing and servicing
- Undertake appropriate HR duties in respect of recruitment and selection, induction, training, monitoring of CPD, appraisal, performance issues, pay, grievance and disciplinary issues and dismissal (THIS WILL BE IN CONJUNCTION WITH THE PRACTICE PRINCIPALS)
- Keep and monitor staff records including sickness and other absence and annual leave
- Manage the Timetastic (staff leave) app completely.
- Organise and chair practice meetings regularly (again in conjunction with practice principals)
- Ensure efficient running of the patient recall system
- Manage the practice complaints system
- Manage and respond to patient queries
- Ensure that patient literature is kept up-to-date including practice leaflets and the practice website
- Arrange and attend training and practice meetings
- Identify your own training and development needs and complete them as agreed with the principal
Apply for Practice Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly