Clinical Teacher Oral Surgery and Paediatrics
- Part time
Kings College London
Oral Surgery and Paediatrics
£33,885 - £63,037 pro rata, including London Weighting Allowance
Oral Surgery – Dr Nadine Khawaja (email@example.com)
Paediatics – Dr Sanjeev Sood (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Part-time clinical teaching posts are available within the oral surgery department (0.4 FTE) and within the paediatric department (0.3 FTE) at King’s College London. Applicants are encouraged to apply for teaching roles in oral surgery or paediatric dentistry.
Clinical teachers are required to teach the students at an undergraduate level. Teaching is mainly clinical supervision but also involves delivering tutorials and direct student feedback. Support is provided. Teachers may be asked to work at any of the KCLDI sites. Applicants from a general practice environment are encouraged and the Institute also values postgraduate qualifications, employing specialist clinical teachers in Oral Surgery or Paediatric Dentistry. Applicants should be fully GDC Registered Dentists with a minimum of 2 years’ experience. The selection process will include a panel interview. For an informal discussion to find out more about the Oral Surgery teaching role please contact: Nadine Khawaja, Nadine.email@example.com. To find out more about the Paediatric Dentistry teaching role please contact: Sanjeev Sood, firstname.lastname@example.org
This post will be offered on an indefinite contract
This is a part-time post – 20% full time equivalent
• To undertake clinical teaching as directed by the Head of Department/Team.
• Be responsible for the teaching, assessment, feedback, monitoring, and progress of, undergraduate and dental care professional students, under your nominated supervision, in clinical practice relevant to the Department. The teaching may include seminars, tutorials, lectures, clinical skills teaching and clinical teaching with patients.
• Participate in clinical and other service activities as requested by Head of Department or approved individual
The above list of responsibilities may not be exhaustive, and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks and responsibilities as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post.
Skills, knowledge, and experience
• Full registration with UK GDC
• FDS, MFDS, MJDF or equivalent
• Ability to supervise undergraduate students
• Enthusiastic approach to teaching
• Demonstrable experience in Paediatric Dentistry or Oral Surgery following qualification
• Participation in clinical audit projects
• Ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team
• Good communication skills
• Regular attendance and good time keeping
• Willingness to be flexible about working times
• Specialist qualification
• Certificate in teaching
• Sedation qualification
• Experience of working in a Paediatric Dentistry or Oral surgery department or equivalent
This post is subject to Disclosure and Barring Service and Occupational Health clearance.
This advertisement does not meet the requirements for a Certificate of Sponsorship under Home Office regulations and therefore the university will not be able to offer sponsorship for this role.
To apply please visit: https://jobs.kcl.ac.uk/gb/en/job/012724/Clinical-teacher
Closing date: 26th January 2021