Head of Operations and Patient Services
- Practice Type
- Mixed (NHS/Private)
Head of Operations & Patient Services Head Office, Bolton
We are a growing company and have an exciting opportunity for someone to join our Senior Leadership Team, reporting directly to the Managing Director. You will be responsible for the full operations & patient services for all of our 9 practices. This is a great time to be joining Ravat & Ray as the business is going through a period of significant growth as we take on more business. We need an enthusiastic, focused leader to help us through this period of change & work with us to drive the business forward as well as continuing to deliver great patient service. We want someone who is going to make a difference in dental care.
Patients are paramount to us and we want someone that is going to engage with our patients and teams to enhance the way we do things at Ravat & Ray. We are a forward-thinking organisation, that wants to be innovative in everything we do. You will be a focal point for helping us to drive service and operational excellence with a focus on patient care with the overarching goal of integrating this into our business culture to supports the way we operate every day.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Responsible for leading, empowering and motivating the patient experience and service, drive change to improve patient care by developing a service excellence model for patient care across the organisation.
• Drive the practices to deliver operational excellence & compliance, through the day to day management of the practice managers.
• Drive patient care initiatives and innovation through the organisation and team of Patient Care Coordinators in every practice.
• Develop, maintain and publish agreed KPI's for operations and patient care.
• Works closely with all Head Office functions and key teams to develop and drive process improvements, maintain quality standards and improve operational efficiency.
• Working closely with the senior team to identify prioritise and execute improvement projects with the objectives of driving measurable improvements in patient care, operations and engagement.
• Working with our HR Manager to ensure that our associates and our people have the right training, skills and development to provide first class patient care in every site.
• Drives engagement at all levels to contribute to us being an employer of choice for all team roles.
• Deal with and review Patient complaints, apply process improvement methodology to identify root causes, take corrective action and lead implementation of process improvements
• Lead compliance across all practices to ensure that all CQC inspections are passed.
The ideal candidate:
• Proved track record in operational management and patient service delivery
• Delivered key results in the dental industry
• Has exceptional patient/customer facing skills - diplomacy, tact, empathy, calm nature, strong listening skills, independent and hands on approach
• Is proactive - able to anticipate customers’ needs and potential problems
• Has excellent oral and written communication skills with exceptional telephone manner • Enjoys meeting people
• Is well organised
• Has attention to detail • Has the ability to challenge the norm and look for alternative solutions
• Is able to lead, empower and motivate a team
Your experience, knowledge and skills need to include:
• Experience in a senior management / leadership role.
• Dental experience essential.
• Facilitation and presentation skills.
• People management skills.
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, using a flexible pragmatic approach.
• Effective communicator with excellent influencing and negotiating skills.
• Ability to listen and clarifies to check understanding - uses the most appropriate method, language, medium and style of communication for the situation and people involved.
• IT skills - Intermediate MS Word, MS Excel
• A methodical planner and able to co-ordinate and organise works efficiently.
• Ability to involve and encourage others to generate and solve problems.
• Promotes knowledge sharing within and beyond own team.
• Ability to facilitate workshops and capture key actions and outputs.
• A positive can-do attitude.
Alternatively, if you would like an informal discussion please contact Matthew Evans, Business Support Manager on 01204 854963 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
All vacancies are subject to satisfactory references and successful DBS checks
Job Type: Full-time