BDJ Advertising Sales Placement
4 days left
- Full time
Advertising Sales Placement
British Dental Journal (BDJ)
BDJ is an international, peer reviewed journal for the dental community, published by Springer Nature on behalf of the British Dental Association. We aim to inform our readers of ideas, opinions, developments and key issues in dentistry - clinical, practical and scientific - to spark interest, debate and discussion amongst dentists of all disciplines.
We believe in creating a great place to work where people are inspired, valued and develop and this forms a key part of our strategy. Our Advertising Sales Placement is designed as a fantastic introduction for those looking to explore their career options in the world of publishing.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic, creative individual who is driven by new and exciting challenges and committed to producing high quality results. You’ll be an organised, pro-active indvidual with the ability to work in high growth environment with lots of opportunity to quickly make a difference.
In return, we offer a well rounded education in the advertisting sales business, where you will have the opportunity to learn great transferable skills, through a strong mentoring and training programme. You will be taught online/digital and rich media advertising and will have the opportunity to acccompany senior team members to conferences, shows, events and client meetings. To further your insight in the full cycle of advertising, you will be exposed to related parts of the business including marketing and production.
- Selling classified advertising to clients across the UK
- Managing high volumes of incoming business
- Managing existing accounts as well as new business development
- Writing clear and tailored proposals including BDJ print and online products
- Upkeep of all ongoing sales activities in CRM and be able to provide clear revenue figures and sales forecast to management on a weekly basis
- Developing complete market awareness, understand competitor strengths, weaknesses and sales methods and keep track of share of market
- Attend relevant trade shows
- Advertising clients, including dentists, dental professionals and the NHS
- Internal departments, including production, marketing and editorial
Experience, skills and qualifications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Resilient and needs to be comfortable with prospecting and cold calling
- Excellent phone manner and high level of customer service
- Strong organisational skills, ability to cope under pressure
- Good knowledge of general office computer software (including MS Office)
- Client oriented and pro-active sales approach
- Bachelor’s degree desirable but not essential
- Previous sales experience a plus, preferably within B2B environment
Springer Nature is a leading global research, educational and professional publisher, home to an array of respected and trusted brands providing quality content through a range of innovative products and services.
Springer Nature is the world’s largest academic book publisher, publisher of the world’s highest impact journals and a pioneer in the field of open research. The company numbers almost 13,000 staff in over 50 countries. Springer Nature was formed in 2015 through the merger of Nature Publishing Group, Palgrave Macmillan, Macmillan Education and Springer Science+Business Media
Apply for BDJ Advertising Sales Placement
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly