SPONSORED: Careers with Mydentist
COVID-19 presents a time of worry for the country and the dental sector. And, whilst it’s too early to tell what the lasting impact will be, one thing we’re certain of is that our number 1 priority has been to protect the safety of all of our colleagues, as well as their livelihoods. That’s why we have been pressing the Government throughout the crisis for additional support for clinicians in every part of the UK.
In England and Wales, this means that we will be passing on 100% of a clinician’s seasonally-adjusted current contract during April, May and June 2020, less the nationally-agreed deduction of 6.5% to account for payments, like labs and therapist support, that a clinician would have to make under normal circumstances. Hopefully this will reassure you of the financial security we can provide to our nationwide clinical community.
In Scotland and Northern Ireland, this means we’re passing all payments we receive from the NHS directly through to clinicians. This will be 80% of the average Item of Service and Patient Charge a clinician receive in 2019-20, and 100% of capitation payments.
We’ve followed government advice closely and responded quickly at every step during this uncertain time. We’re continuing to work in the background so that we’re fully prepared for expected patient demand, safely, when we can return to routine Dentistry. We’re also already exploring virtual consultations with patients for future dental treatments they require. Thanks to our sister company, the Dental Directory, we also have sufficient PPE for all our practices UK wide.
We’re still recruiting and have adapted our recruitment process so that we can continue to welcome talented dental professionals to the mydentist family and join our connected community.
As a candidate with us you’ll:
- Have an in-depth conversation with one of our Clinical Resourcing Specialists to fully understand your needs and tailor a role that suits you and your lifestyle.
- Have video calls and virtual practice tours organised by us with practice teams to give you a first-hand look at your future practice and introduce you to some of your future team mates.
- If you insist – have an organised socially distanced practice visit – this will take place out of surgery hours.
- Receive a peer to peer conversation with one of our expert Clinical Support Managers - A Dentist who also acts as a support for all other Dentists in a given area.
- Be kept up to date with regular calls and emails with how the business is dealing with COVID-19 and moving forward.
See our website for more information.
We appreciate that there is an opportunity for you to keep yourself on top of CPD so that when we bounce back, your skills are refreshed and up to date.
That’s why we have taken the decision to open our Academy for all Clinicians, whether you work for us or not, to use without charge. Not only will this save you money, but it will help you upskill, grow your career and make the most of the opportunity when you return to practice.
Visit https://www.mydentistacademy.co.uk today and sign up.